Currently, both teachers are full, other than for students who may be on a home-school schedule. WAIT LISTS are available for Summer and Fall of 2020.
Policies of LAPS apply to students of both teachers. Parents of prospective students should read the STUDIO POLICY in advance of setting an interview with either teacher and be able to agree to the policy. Please use the studio contact of email@example.com for either instructor to set an interview time. No fee or obligation is charged for the Interview Lesson.
Los Alamos Piano Studio Proprietor
DR. MADELINE J. WILLIAMSON
Active Arts Advocate in New Mexico through service with local arts organizations and current Vice President (President-Elect) of the Professional Music Teachers of NM (PMTNM)
- Faculty artist/teacher of piano for 35 years at the School of Music at Arizona State University.
- Awarded the University and College of Fine Arts’ highest Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Always an active performer: Solo recitalist and collaborative artist in the U.S. and abroad.
- Teacher of private piano, chamber music, collaborative piano, piano pedagogy, and piano-related courses from the undergraduate through doctoral levels.
- Mentored over 75 masters and doctoral pianists, now serving throughout the U.S. and abroad as university professors and independent performing artists.
- Established both national and international reputation as a leading Piano Pedagogue (the methodology of teaching the piano) for both individual and group piano instruction, having taught and given invited Master Classes, Seminars, and teacher Certification Programs throughout the U.S., Europe, South America, and the Middle East.
- Actively involved in local, state, and national piano and arts associations, and Board Member for Professional Music Teachers of New Mexico (PMTNM).
- Regularly serve as an Adjudicator of state and regional piano competitions, evaluations, and festivals.
PROFESSIONAL DEGREES/TRAINING in PIANO PERFORMANCE
Ph.D. Arizona State University
M.M. Western Michigan University
B.M. Ohio Wesleyan University
- Los Alamos Piano Studio (LAPS), Sole Proprietor
- Co-Founder and Artistic Director, Abiquiu Chamber Music Festival
- Professor of Piano (Professor Emerita), Arizona State University (Tempe)
- Artist in Residence,
Escola Profissional Artistica Do Vale Do Ave Conservatory
(Caldas da Saude, Portugal)
- Assistant Professor of Piano, Western Michigan University
- Founder/Pianist of KRUSTA, a new music/modern dance ensemble
- Performer as Soloist and Chamber Recitalist in more than 550 concerts throughout the U.S., Mexico, South America, Middle East and Europe.
- Membership held in Music Teachers National Association (MTNA).
- Membership in Professional Music Teachers of NM (PMTNM) and State Executive Board Member (Vice President).
- Faculty Membership and Judge in National GUILD of Piano Teachers.
- Member, Los Alamos Piano Teachers (LAMT)
- Member, International Alliance of Women in Music (IAWM) (Contributing Author and Reviewer).
- Prior Founding Dean of Fine Arts and Humanities at Arizona State University- West Campus
- Prior Associate Dean, Graduate College, AZ State University